Friday, February 19, 2010

Telluride Art Show Outcome

Well, it was quite a weekend in Telluride last weekend.  I decided to set up professionally with propanels and my lights.  The booth presentation was the best it could have been.  I found that what sold was rather interesting.  My hand pulled greeting cards are what sold.  I think that in this economy this group of people wanted something useful. 

The most shocking result for me was that overall no one even commented on the pricing of the originals.  Most of the time at these kind of shows I have a different reaction to the originals except the one or two that purchase them.  The originals were really looked at hard by several people.  We will see how that happens.

The top painting of the show was the Oriental Poppy.  This was the first time it has been shown.  The colors worked well and I can not wait to finish my other poppy painting because it works well with the Oriental Poppy. 

It seems like I need to focus my originals to this region.  One comment was "too tropical" and I know that is true of the flowers I have because we have lived in Mobile, Alabama and Jacksonville, Florida for the last 5 years.  It is time to become mountain flowers. 

It is also time to find the local galleries.  I did walk by the Telluride Gallery of Fine Art and talked with them on Saturday.  We will see if they will be willing to work with me.  I liked the layout of the gallery as well as the professionalism of the staff.  I could see my series of large 36x36 in a show at the gallery.  It is just time to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment